Ghetto Basket Tournament
SUNDAY, JULY 30
LOCATION: „Lielais prospekts” street
Photos from Ghetto Basket GGFEST 2016 tournament:
Regulation of International ‘Ghetto Basket’ Tournament in Ventspils!
Everyone(!) must read the regulation before coming to the international tournament in Ventspils!!
1. Association “Streetbasket”
2. To spend leisure time in a fun and sportive way from May till September
3. To determine the winner of each game and tournament by principles of fair play and mutual respect
4. To promote active and healthy lifestyle and alcohol- and tabaco-free entertainment by organizing street basketball tournament and other attractive events.
5. To determine the best street basketball teams and players in international
6. The locals are selected by the results of at least three Ghetto Basket national stages. The international teams are selected by their results of international street basketball tournaments. The participants must accept the principles of ‘Ghetto Basket’ game-style.
7. The group divisions are made by gender and age. It is allowed for women to play in mans teams who are in the same age.
7.1 Basic groups
The oldest group – born in 1999 and older players
The youngest group – born in 2000 and younger players
8. Outside the main ‘Ghetto Basket’ venue – Riga, Grizinkalns – organizers, taking into account the amount of registered teams, are allowed to combine groups.
9. The organizers by communicating with the local representatives are allowed to change the division of the players in age groups, to increase the amount of groups, for example, including the mixed group.
Rules and refereeing
10. The game follows the same principles as classic basketball. The biggest difference – the points are counted as one and two, replacing the classic two and three point principle.
The three second zone offense also is not taken into account.
11. The three-pointer and free throw lines are placed on the court. If the court is surroundedand the ball touches the constrution, then it is called as out. The same applies if the ball or the player touches the construction of the basket. Before the game starts it is advised for participants to agree when the out is called.
12. There are no referees, refereeing is done by participants themselves. Basketball player in a specific episode is allowed to stop the game by calling a foul. In case of disagreement, it is solved by a player of a neutral team.
13. If the defense player makes a foul during the throw, the offense player gets an opportunity for one or two free throws. After the free throw, players compete for the rebound.
14. If offense player receives a foul and throws the ball in, he is allowed to request additional free throw. This rule can be cancelled only if both teams agreed on that before the game.
15. If offense team receives two fouls in the situation when the ball is not thrown, they get an opportunity for one free throw.
16. During the game, after the score, the opposite team, who gets the ball, does not have to do “Check-Ball”, the ball has to be played over the three-point line and the team can continue the offense.
17. During the game each team has three of its player on the court, in some cases it is allowed to have two people of the team. However, the team who has less players, is not allowed to request the player of the opposite team not to play. In case a player of one of the teams cannot continue to play because of injury, continuing the game two against two is considered as acknowledgement of goodwill.
18. The game is played until one of the teams scores 11 points (three-pointer – 2 points, the rest – 1 point). To finish the game, one of the teams has to have at least 2 point difference. Therefore, the game is not finished with the result of 11:10, but when the results reaches 12:10, 13:11, 14:12, e.t.c. In case of bad weather or other unexpected circumstances, the organizers are allowed to decrease the duration of the game by determining the winner, for example, after reaching nine points.
Determining the places in sub-groups
19. Teams in the sub-group tournaments receive two points for win, one for loss and zero for not attending the game.
20. If at the end of the tournament two or more teams in the sub-group has the same amount of points, then first thing that is taken into consideration is the outcome of the mutual games. If the amount of wins and losses is the same, then next thing taken into account is the difference between scored points and lost points in the mutual games of the teams. If still the scores are equal, then difference between scored points and lost points in the entire sub-group.
Exception! In case of equal amount of points, the team who has not attended even one game, automatically received the lowest possible place.
System of the competition
21. …. Each team has guaranteed chance to play at least 4 games. Organizers do not guarantee the arrival of the opponents. After sub-group tournament, a certain amount of teams gets in play-offs.
Registering the team
22. In order to register the team, the representative of the team or one of the players must address the secretary – state the name of the team and name, surname, date of birth of each player. After registration, the team is included in the table of the tournament.
23. The organizers keep the right to deny access to the venue for penalties, which contradict with the regulations of the competition or disturb other participants of the tournament to enjoy a sportive time.
24. At “Ghetto Basket” is no such thing as (varbūt ‘tie’?), the battle for the ball continues until one of the teams gets the ball in fair play. Intentionally and openly kicking/punching the opponent is penalized with disqualification.
1. place 1500e, 2. place 600e and 3. place 400 euro
25. The finalists of the oldest group will compete in July 16, 2016 for “Ghetto Basket” international champion’s title and will be awarded with Ghetto Games t-shirts, event’s theme cups, gift cards from companies who work in the sports industry.
26. Official information can be foundas well as at “Ghetto Basket” Facebook page and Twitter.